My Written Works
Fueled by an interest in early-stage startups, venture capital, and a desire for innovation, I'm passionate about knowledge. Below are a few of my written works regarding different topics and companies that interest me.
Fundamental Startup Analysis:
- Vertebrae enables brands to reach consumers through interactive and immersive virtual reality advertising natively integrated across the VR ecosystem. Vertebrae’s advertising platform provides interactivity and distribution tools, along with powerful analytics. Leading publishers and content creators work with Vertebrae to drive effective monetization of interactive VR content and 360-degree video. (Oct 14, 2017)
- Founded in November 2013 by Micah Winkelspecht, Gem, has begun to tackle the endless opportunity that blockchain technology has revealed. By aiming to construct a fundamental software platform, Gem connects individuals and companies to reduce data-silos and orchestrate cross-industry workflows. With a experienced team of thirty-five employees, this early stage venture delves into the realm of Fintech, Security, Health Care, Software and the Internet. As of November 2017, Gem has raised over twelve million dollars in Seed, Angel, and Series A funding, with its most recent funding of $7.6 million lead by Pelion Venture Partners. (Jan 29, 2018)
- In the typical implementation of TensorFlow in machine-learning algorithms, the architecture is able to effectively execute models on large data sets and queries. However, when a given model is smaller than what is considered normal for machine-learning programs, unusual bottlenecks and inefficiencies begin to appear. In this case, most of the under-utilized performance is spent executing Python code. In order to minimize its execution time, this research determines a suitable language to convert the Python code into. The three languages considered are Java, OCaml, and Haskell, which are all contrasted to the original Python code.
- Earth’s organic decomposition of pollutants, such as carbon dioxide, relies on forests throughout the world. Unfortunately, in the past century, forest coverage has depleted significantly, posing an immediate threat to the purity of our atmosphere and the safety of the land. The inability to naturally clean our atmosphere will cause increases in temperature, possibly killing thousands of species dependant on Earth’s climate and threating man’s food supply.
- Being an informed investor is the number one way to increase your likelihood of making a successful investment. Whether it’s purchasing a company’s stock, investing in a new startup, or buying cryptocurrencies, it is incredibly important to minimize speculation and capitalize on concrete information. An informed investor will carry out these same strategic steps before investing any sum of funds no matter the size of opportunity.